I created this recipe for Novo Nordisk for the wonderful program we do to increase awareness in Obesity and Diabetes and help the community to live a healthier lifestyle.
This bowl is perfect for those who wants to eat meat on a healthy way. Gratefully the options are endless with this dish. You can add or substitute any veggie of your choice like cauliflower, zucchini, broccoli, spinach, kale, any additional herb like paprika, Spanish paprika or cumin, or any seed like pumpkin seeds or pine nuts (toasted and unsalted). It is rich, delicious, fun, healthy and the next day taste even better!
What you need:
- 1 pound of ground beef (90/10)
- 1 white or red onion, small diced
- 1/2 fresh bell pepper (any color), small diced
- 4 asparagus, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh carrots, small diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoons dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon guajillo, ancho or red chile powder (to taste)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgen olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine (any red wine, avoid cooking wine, you can substitute with chicken or veggie stock)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley (to taste)
What you have to do:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and the onion and cook for 2 minutes, then add the peppers and cook until the onion is translucent. Serve on a bowl and set aside.
- Using the same pan (without cleaning it), increase the temperature to high heat, add other tablespoon of oil, the beef and sear for 2 minutes, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon.
- Add the wine and wait until the alcohol evaporates.
- Reduce the temperature to medium heat, add the cooked onions (garlic and peppers), the veggies, oregano, chile, salt and pepper to taste and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes (do not overcook the meat or the veggies).
- Add the parsley, stir, serve with greens and enjoy!