Pork loin chop is a protein that cooks fast, is healthy, doesn’t require much seasoning, and can be served with basically any side dish. Add it to your salad bowl for more flavor and fun in every single bite.
Ingredients for the pork
- 1 pound pork loin, in one piece
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the salad
- 1/2 cup of quinoa, cooked
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 fresh mango, ripe and cut into cubes
- 1/2 hass avocado
- 1/2 cup lettuce, arugula, alfalfa and / or watercress
- 1/4 cup radishes, carrots and/or hearts of palm
- 4 tbsp. extra virgen olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon or 1 tbsp. Sherry vinegar
- Pinch of fresh cilantro
- Season the pork with salt and pepper. In a pan in medium high temperature, add the oil, the whole garlic cloves and the loin and cook for 3-5 minutes each side –about 15 minutes total – until internal temperature is 145°F. Transfer pork to cutting board and let it rest for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the bowl. Here everything counts, use whatever you like or have available but keep several colors and textures. You want something sweet, creamy, refreshing and crispy in every single bite.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice or Sherry vinegar to the salad and toss it.
- Cut the pork into cubes and then add it to the salad.