It has all the flavor of the pork, the nutrition of the loin and the yumminess of an “al ajillo” recipe, but in just 15 minutes. Try it!
- 1 pound pork loin, finely cut
- 1 medium red onion, small diced
- 2 garlic cloves, medium, small diced or sliced
- 1/4 cup of wine (chardonnay, sparkling wine o pinot grigio)
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of frozen sweet peas
- Cilantro for garnish
- Season the filets with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a sauce pan in medium high heat, add 2 tbsp. of olive oil and sauté the onion for 3
minutes or until tender and slightly browned. Then add the garlic, season with salt and
pepper and stir for 1 more minute.
- Add the peas, stir for 1 more minute, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add the remaining olive oil and cook the pork fillets for 2 minutes on
each side. Make sure you don’t overcook them, keep them moist.
- Add the sofrito, the wine and let it reduce in high temperature for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve, garnish with cilantro and enjoy the way it is or with a side of salad, quinoa, corn,
plantains or rice.