This colorful and flavorful pork loin recipe is the perfect one for this holiday season.
You can enjoy it with white rice, a corn and nopales salad or with corn tortillas. Remember to keep it healthy during the holidays. Cooking at home and balanced, you save yourself those extra calories that you don’t need.
What you need:
- 2 pounds of pork loin, cut in two-inch cubes (use the most tender part of the loin, which has a little more fat)
- 6-7 green tomatillos
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 chile serrano (if you like it mild, remove the veins and seeds)
- 2 garlic cloves, fresh and peeled
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
What you have to do:
- Remove the skin from the tomatillos and wash them well under the water tap, until removing the sticky layer they have.
- Transfer them to the blender with the onion, garlic, cilantro, chile, water and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Season the loins with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a pot or deep frying pan, at medium-high temperature, add the oil and brown the pork for about 3-5 minutes. Then set aside.
- Add the sauce to the same pan and let it boil on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the pork to the pot again and finish cooking the loins with the sauce, for 5 more minutes.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with radishes or more cilantro.