20 minutes 8 portions
By Doreen Colondres for Barilla
What you need:
- 1 box Barilla Spaghetti
- 5-6 fresh pear or plum tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 guajillo chiles, deveined, seedless and then cut in thin slices
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 6-8 garlic cloves, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 10 basil leaves, thin sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese or shredded Mexican queso fresco, to taste
What you have to do:
- Using a large skillet at medium-high temperature, add a bit of olive oil and heat the chilies for 3 min. Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and sauté the garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, the chiles and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- In a large pot with boiling water, add enough salt and cook the pasta according to the package instructions or until al dente.
- Transfer the pasta to the pan of the sauce. Add 1/4 cup of the pasta water and combine.
- Remove from the heat, add basil, cheese, pepper to taste, serve and enjoy.