20 Minutes 4 people
By Doreen Colondres
Making risotto requires two things that are very important: love and attention! Make sure you have everything ready and perfectly portioned before starting, and once you do, you must not step away from the pan until it’s done. If you follow my one simple instruction, it will surely come out perfectly and there will be nothing of your concern! After you’ve made your first risotto, you’ll become more confident and start creating other combinations! You can serve this risotto with shrimp, scallops or even fish or lobster.
What you need to have:
- 1 cup of “Aroborio” rice
- 1 cup of sparkling (Cava, sparkling o Champagne) or white wine
- 2 ½ cups of chicken broth (more or less)
- ½ white onion or 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 6-8 asparagus (aprox.) cut into ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of a good quality truffle oil
- Fresh parsley (optional, for decor)
What you need to do:
- In a big pan at med-high temp. add the oil and garlic, sauté for 2-3 min. Then add the onion or shallots and set to cook until it becomes translucent (tender). Then, add the asparagus and stir.
- Add the rice and continue stirring until small white stains appear on the rice grains (2-3 min).
- Add the sparkling wine and keep stirring until ¾ of it evaporates.
- Then start adding ½ cup of broth and keep stirring until it evaporates. Repeat this process until the grains are al dente. Listen carefully: Never stop stirring!
- To finish, add the Parmesan cheese, the oil, stir and serve immediately. Add fresh parsley for decor if you want.