20 Minutes 4 people
By Doreen Colondres
What you need to have:
- 1 pound of fresh salmon fillet
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- half diced avocado (as soon as you dice it, squeeze a little bit of lime juice over it to avoid oxydation (turning black)
- ½ cup of fresh cilantro very finely diced
- 1 chile serrano seedless, devained and finely diced
- 1 tbsp. of chives
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce (I suggest the low sodium one)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Tortillas or tostadas (the Blue Corn ones go perfectly with it)
What you need to do:
- Cut the salmon in small square shape pieces and put them in a deep bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss well (do not over mix to keep the shape of the avocado and avoid breakage).
This recipe must be prepared and served quickly. Keep in mind that the salmon must be fresh and cold… let the seller know that it is going to be used to make tartar so he will give you the fresher piece. Over fresh tortilla (tostada-toast) recently fried, is even yummier… buen provecho!