20 Minutes 4 servings
Making ceviche is not only super simple, but truly healthy… as long as you don’t serve it with the tostones that are shown in the picture of my recipe… He, He! I’m only giving you one important tip: when buying the fish, tell the guy at the counter that you want fish for Ceviche. In that way he will recommend a much fresher one.
What you need to have:
- 1 pound of white fish fillet
- 1/2 red onion, 1/2 white onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 green, 1/2 yellow
- 2 big lemons
- 2 big limes
- 1 big orange
- Finely chopped cilantro
- 1 green plantain (to make plantain flakes)
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Spicy chile (optional)
What you need to do:
- In a deep dish put the fish already cut in small pieces, the onions, peppers and the juice of the citruses. Let it rest covered in the fridge for 1 hour until it “cooks”.
- Then add the cilantro, salt, chile and let it rest for 2 more hours.
- Then mince the garlic cloves, super super small and put them in a bowl with olive oil
- Then add the ceviche (without the liquid) into the bowl with the olive oil so it will start to marinate.
- Shred the green plantain to make plantain flakes and put the shreds in water seasoned with garlic powder and salt. Leave it there for about 15 minutes.
- Fry the shredded plantain at high temperature until golden crisp.
- Then add the flakes to the ceviche and it’s ready!!.