20 minutes 4-6 portions
With all the love, flavor and aroma of the Fall! Try this delicious butternut squash pasta for lunch, dinner or as a side dish of a protein. If you prefer to make it without the mushrooms, you can add all the herbs at the end when tossing the pasta with the sauce. You can also add sausage or prosciutto to it. So yummy and diverse. Get creative and make it your own!
1 pound of pasta Orechetti
2 cups of butternut squash, peeled, cut in 1”cubes
1 cup natural chicken stock
1 white onion, diced in med cubes
4 tbsp olive oil
1-2 cups of mixed mushrooms
Parmigiano-Reggiano (to taste)
6-8 large garlic cloves (1/2 whole and 1/2 minced)
Splash of white wine (about 1/4 cup or less)
Zest of one lemon
Salt and Pepper
Fall herbs blend: rosemary, thyme, sage, to taste
- In a pot in medium high temperature, add 2 tbsp of olive oil, the onions and the whole garlic cloves. Cook until the onion is almost translucent and garlic a bit golden.
- Then add squash, the stock and cook until soft (about 10 min).
- Meanwhile, bring salted water to boil and cook the pasta until "al dente".
- Once the squash is tender, transfer it to a blend or mix it in the same pot using an immersion blender. Once it gets a very smooth texture, add salt and pepper and set aside.
- On another pan in high temperature, add olive oil and sauté the mushrooms, add the wine, the garlic and stir for 2-3 minutes. Make sure you don't over cook them. Add salt and pepper, the fall herbs, stir and set aside.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce, add sage, the mushrooms, lemon zest and cheese (optional).