Make it for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner — it's good and addictive any time of day!
8oz Shimeji mushrooms
2-3 tbsp. Olive Oil
4 quail eggs
12 slices of Fermin Iberico Loin
4 bread slices (artisanal/rustic or Spanish bread preferred)
1 garlic clove, minced
Fresh Italian parsley
Salt and pepper
Splash of white wine (optional)
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, heat the oil, garlic, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add a splash of white wine (optional) and wait stir until it evaporates. Add the parsley and set aside. Do not overcook the mushrooms so you can enjoy their flavor and texture.
- Using the same pan (with more olive oil if needed), carefully fry the quail eggs sunny side up and then set aside.
- While the eggs are frying, toast the bread with a pinch of olive oil, if desired.
- Prepare the toast immediately so everything keeps the right temperature: bread, then the mushrooms, the Iberico loin and then the egg with some parsley and/or micro greens on top (optional).
- Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and enjoy!