Delicious, easy to make and very versatile. Serve as a soup, appetizer or as a side dish. You can also mix everything to serve it as a puré.
3-4oz Fermin Iberico Bacon, small diced
15oz Mayokoba or pinto beans, cooked, drained
1 white onion, small diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and pepper
Fresh parsley or cilantro to garnish
Manchego or aged Mahon Cheese, shredded, optional (for garnish)
- Using a large pan or pot on med-high, fry the Iberico bacon until crispy and then set aside.
- Using the same pan, with some of the fat from the bacon, cook the garlic and onions, until the onion is almost translucent (about 3-4 minutes).
- Reduce the temperature to medium and add the beans, a pinch of salt and pepper, stir and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add the bacon and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add the parsley and the cheese (optional) and serve.