Nothing better than the aroma of Christmas at home. It is magical, it could be the smell of certain spices or herbs or even the pork itself. It can take us back to our childhood or bring us the memories of our mothers or grandmothers.
Put some holiday music, pour a nice drink and make this red pork tenderloin this holiday season. It is so good, that even made my neighbor knocked on my door to ask what I was cooking.
Remember, enjoy the time you spend in the kitchen, make it a lifestyle. Keep your portions balanced, cook with fresh, good quality ingredients and if you are a pork lover like me, remember that pork tenderloin is one of the lowest-fat cuts, but packed with all the flavor that takes us back to our land in every bite. Cheers!
What you need:
- 6 pounds of pork loin
- 1/4 cup extra virgen olive oil
- 6-8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp annatto powder
- 1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary (or more for garnish)
- 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Beets, potatoes, red onion, and carrots (optional)
What you have to do:
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F.
- In a deep container, mix all the marinade ingredients and set aside.
- Dry the pork with a paper towel and cover it well with the marinade.
- If you like, add beets, potatoes, red onion, and carrots to the same tray.
- Bake uncovered for approximately 50-60 minutes or until the temperature of the pork tenderloin reaches 145F.
- Immediately remove it from the oven so it doesn't overcook. Remember that the loin has very little fat and that is why it is one of the healthiest cuts.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes, slice and serve it with the vegetables or with a green rice on top.
Healthy and merry christmas!