Did you know that there are 2 types of mozzarella cheese? The one that comes from the cows and the one that comes from the water buffalos.
“Mozzarella di Bufala di Campania” is how this cheese is known since it comes from the region of Campania, at the south center Italy. They call ‘’water buffalos’’ to this specie because they like to keep their feet in the water…how curious, right?
This cheese is creamier, more delicate, softer and even sweeter than the cow’s mozzarella you already know. The fresher the cheese, the yummier it’ll be and even though it is made in other countries, they said that the flavor of the one made in Campania is unique. About 90% of the cheese they make, it’s eaten in Italy and the other 10% is exported.
By the way, buffalo’s meat has less fat and cholesterol and more proteins than other meats.
And here’s more: If you want to make this delicious Caprese Salad (like the one in the picture) you only need cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic reduction. You can also make a Caprese pasta. Find the recipe in recipe Rigatoni Caprese with Garlic.