10 minutes For Sharing
By Doreen Colondres
Easy, tasty and refreshing. This famous Greek dip tastes better when is homemade. Try it and serve it as a dip with raw or roasted vegetables, pita or naan bread, as a sauce on a wrap, taco or on top of chicken, fish, lamb or salmon. I even use it as a marinate for chicken or a fish fillet.
What you need:
- 1 cup of Greek Yogurt
- 3/4 pound of fresh cucumber
- 1 fresh garlic clove
- 1 tbsp. fresh mint
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh dill
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (or more to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
What you have to do:
- Peel the cucumber and grate it. Then transfer the grated cucumber to a colander with a paper towel and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Cover with another paper towel and push the cucumber a little bit so the water draws out. Let it drain for 5-7 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, dill, mint and salt and pepper. Taste, cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving so flavors can blend.
- Serve and enjoy. It will last for a few days in the refrigerator.