20 Minutes 4 servings
By Doreen Colondres
This garlic oil is yummy and easy to make. You can use it to flavor up any recipe, to put it on top of bread, make it a dressing for any salad or even over “tostones” or potatoes.
What you need to have:
- 1 big head of garlic, peeled. (try to find garlic with really white tips and not green tone ones)
- 1/2 a cup of oil (Pure or Extra Virgin)
What you need to do:
- Heat up the oil in a skillet.
- Then mix in the whole cloves of garlic (peeled) and let them cook in “medium” or “medium low” until they get so soft and tender, they will vanish to the touch… don’t brown or burn them. The oil must be light and delicate.
- Strain the oil and keep the cloves of garlic aside; they may be useful for your recipe. At this point, the oil has turned a little darker too.
To me, this oil is the secret for a perfect italian tomato sauce. If you are using the oil to make this sauce for pasta, you can keep the cloves as part of the sauce. But if it will be for a dressing or as itself, you should take out the cloves.