20 Minutes 4 people
By Doreen Colondres
Don’t get complicated preparing desserts when we are in season for strawberries and other refreshing and nutritious fruits... enjoy them in their natural state. And since they are sort of aphrodisiac, this recipe is perfect as a dessert in a romantic dinner. Keep in mind that on a romantic night you shouldn’t eat much; you don’t want to fall asleep and finish the night early... he! he!. It is also a great idea to make your kids eat their fruit portion of the day. They will love the whipped cream as much as we do!
What you need to have:
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1.5 oz. of fresh goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 15-18 fresh strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon of white vanilla (optional)
What you need to do:
- Wash the strawberries and throw away the ones that are bad.
- Slice them and leave some whole ones for garnish.
- In a cup, add the cheese and moist it a little bit with the heavy cream to make it soft. (2 tablespoons).
- Then with a manual beater or an electric mixer, add the rest of the heavy cream and beat until it starts to take consistency.
- Slowly add the sugar, cheese and vanilla (this process will only take seconds).
- As soon as it gets whipped cream texture, stop the mixer.
- Serve each portion in a glass, mixing it with strawberries, then garnish it with a whole strawberry on top and that’s it!!
If you want to get creative, add a little bit of orange or kumquat peel on top or even some crushed peanuts or almonds.