20 minutes 4-6 portions
By Doreen Colondres for The National Pork Board
Bring the fall to your table. Try this healthy and aromatic pork chop loin recipe. Easy to make and very flavorful!
- 4-6 large pork loin chops
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds of butternut squash, peeled, cleaned and cut into small cubes 1 medium red onion, small diced
- 3 cloves garlic, small diced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. of fresh thyme
- 2 tsps. of fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chops with salt, pepper, thyme and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tbsp. of olive oil and cook the chops for 3-4 min. each side.
- In another pan, add 2 tbsp. of olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the squash, broth, mix well, cover and cook on medium-low temperature for 8 min. stirring gently. Cook until tender but ﬁrm. One minute before serving, add the rosemary.
- Remove the chops and serve with the sofrito family style. Add more herbs if you want.