20 minutes 4-6 portions
By Doreen Colondres
What you need:
- 8 eggs, better if they are free-range or organic
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow plantain, peeled, medium diced, fried
- 1/2 red onion, medium diced
- 1 small Spanish chorizo (1 oz.)
- 1/4 tsp. Spanish pimentón (sweet paprika)
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
What you have to do:
- Preheat oven to low or medium heat in broil.
- In a deep container, beat the eggs, add salt and pepper, then milk and set aside.
- Using an iron skillet or an oven-proof anti-stick skillet, add the oil and sauté the onions over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chorizo, the paprika and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the plantains and gently start pouring the eggs. Move with a rubber or wooden spatula, add the cilantro, lower the temperature to medium low and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Then transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 2-4 minutes, until it is lightly browned and fluffy, it should be a little moist, not dry.
Garnish with cream cheese or fresh labneh and serve with fresh baguette.