15-20 minutes 2 people
By Doreen Colondres
This recipe was born on a day I was very hungry, I had no time and just a few ingredients to get creative. Try it, it was so delicious that I took a quick picture and had to write the story for you.
What you need:
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- Fresh or frozen green beans
- 15oz. canary (Peruvian beans) or pinto beans, with half of the water in it
- 2 tbsp. olive or sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 red onion, cut into thick julienne
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
What you need to do:
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, cumin and oregano.
- In a hot pan, add the oil and cook the chicken for about 4 minutes on one side.
- Then flip over the chicken, add the onion, the garlic, the green beans and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Add the wine and let it reduce a few seconds, stir and then add the white beans with a bit of the water.
- Stir well, cook for 2-3 more minutes and when the chicken is ready and sauce is thickening, serve and enjoy. Serrano chile or cilantro can be added to this recipe but just as it is was perfect for me. Buen provecho…