20 Minutes 2 people
By Doreen Colondres
This is surely one of those combinations you would never imagine tasted so good. The incredible part is that you’re going to become addicted to this recipe and you will surprise everyone with something out of the ordinary, creative, cheap and easy to make. Although it’s best when prepared with the rib-eye, you can also prepare it with New York Strip or even with lamb or pork chops. For the pasta you can use your favorite one but remember that short angel hair “fideos” or spaghetti type pasta are the ones that serve more people and are the quickest to make. So, if you decide to use another type of pasta just remember to increase the cooking time and pasta portion.
What you need to have:
For the steak:
- 2 rib-eye steaks (1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. ground coffee powder
- 2 tsp. of chili powder or 1 tbsp. of sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp. of sugar (I use cane sugar)
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the pasta:
- 5 oz. short angel hair pasta (short noodle)
- 7 oz. of greek yogurt
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 serrano chile, veinless and seedless (optional)
- Salt to taste
What you need to do:
- Place the steaks on a double thickness of paper towel to dry. Then remove the paper, add salt and pepper to taste and leave aside.
- On another plate, add the dry marinade and lay the meat on top, turn it over to make sure it marinades well on both sides.
- Place the steak to a pan, an iron skillet or a very hot grill. You can add 1 tsp of oil (canola, corn or sunflower) to the pan or skillet if you want but make sure is very hot before adding the steak.
- Let it cook for 3-4 minutes on the first side and then 2-3 more minutes on the other side. You can cook it more time depending on your taste. Remove the meat from the heat and let it rest while you cook the pasta.
- In boiling water with enough salt, add the pasta and let cook for 5 minutes or until you feel its cooked. Remove it from the heat, drain it and place it in a deep dish.
- In a blender or with a hand mixer combine all the ingredients for the sauce. Taste it and then mix it in with the pasta and serve immediately with the meat.