20 Minutes 4 servings
By Doreen Colondres
Even if you don’t like pancakes, I believe you will love these ones… well, at least that’s what happened to some friends who said they didn’t eat pancakes. Besides their amazing flavor, they have a great nutritional value.
I learned this recipe from a good friend and personal trainer… Here it goes:
What you need to have:
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/4 pancakes mix (better if organic)
- 1 big banana
- 1 packet of instant oatmeal with cinnamon flavor
- 1/4 cup of low fat milk (it could be organic, skim, lactose free and you can even substitute with water)
- 1 tablespoon of Whey Protein or Soy Protein (optional)
What you need to do:
- Put the egg whites and pancakes mix into the blender at medium speed.
- Then add the milk, banana, oatmeal and the protein powder (whey/soy protein).
- Heat the skillet with some “non-stick spray” to avoid the sticking to the pan (you can also use butter but you will be adding fat and calories).
- Once hot, start pouring the mixture according to the size you want each pancake to be.
- The secret relies on pouring the mixture slowly so it will come out thick and you could feel the taste. (Never put it in high temperature because it won’t get cooked in the inside and will burn in the outside.) Flip it when you see that it has little bubbles, wait a couple of minutes and it’s done!!!