20 Minutes 4 people
By Doreen Colondres
Here is a very easy to make, refreshing and healthy Peruvian inspired ceviche. Great for lunch, appetizers or dinner. The combination of citrus and the spicy ají amarillo make this a deliciously balanced dish. This recipe serves 2 people, will only take you about 20 minutes and leftovers will taste even better. Is low fat, and great source of Omega-3, fiber, and protein.
What you need to have:
- 2 cans (5 oz.) Bumble Bee® Prime Fillet® Solid Light Tuna, Tonno in Olive Oil, do not drain
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- Juice of 2 lemons (4 tablespoons)
- 1 garlic clove, small diced
- Juice and zest of 1/2 orange
- 1 ají amarillo, seeds and veins removed, blanched and chopped or 2 teaspoons of ají amarillo paste (see below note)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro
- 1 pound of sweet potato, peeled and cut into small pieces Salt and pepper to taste
What you need to do:
- In a bowl, add the onion along with half of lemon juice and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine tuna, garlic, the remaining lemon juice, orange juice and zest, ají amarillo, cilantro, stir well and set aside.
- Boil the sweet potato in water with a big pinch of salt for about 10 minutes or until tender and then drain it and set aside.
- Mix the onions with the tuna, stir and serve with the sweet potato on the side. Garnish with more cilantro and enjoy!
- To enhance the flavor, leave the mixture to marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving. If you use canchita, add at the end as a garnish to maintain the crispy consistency.
- To blanch the frozen ají amarillo, remove veins, seeds and cook for 30 seconds in boiling water. Remove water, add fresh water and repeat the process of cooking in boiling water for an additional 30 seconds. To produce a milder dish while still retaining the flavor, repeat cooking on boiling water for the third time and then chop the ají. If you prefer "ají amarillo" paste, just add 1 teaspoon and combine with the lemon juice before mixing with the rest of the ingredients.
For more of my tuna recipes visit Bumble Bee.