10 Minutes 2 people
By Doreen Colondres
A refreshing salad, easy to make, healthy and very tasty. You can serve it by itself or as a side dish, combine with spinach, arugula, with a few avocado slices or as filling for half of an avocado. It goes perfect with shrimp, chicken, crab, fish or salmon. You can refrigerate the leftover dressing for 1-2 days to use on top of any protein as a sauce or add it to a 7.5 oz lemon soda to make a tasty drink. You can subtitute mint for cilantro if you want.
What you need to have:
- 1 firm ripe mango, peeled
- 15 oz. of cooked chickpeas, no liquid
- 15 mint leaves, aprox.
- 2 tsp. of tequila
- 2 oz. of “queso fresco” (fresh crumble cheese)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Toasted pumpkin seeds to taste
What you need to do:
- Divide the mango in two. Cut one half into small pieces, mix in with the chickpeas, 10 mint leaves and the cheese. Leave aside.
- Blend the other half of the mango with the tequila, lemon juice and 5 remaining mint leaves using the hand mixer or blender.
- Mix in 3 tbsp. of the dressing with the chickpea mango mix. Taste for flavor. Salt and pepper aren’t needed in this dish but if you want a pinch now would be the time to add them.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and serve.