40 minutes, 4 portions
By Doreen Colondres
Add a touch of sweetness to your every week chicken. If you love "sweet and sour” flavors or a simply-delicate touch of sweetness on your dishes, this recipe will be your favorite. You can use it with pork and grilled shrimps. If you love ginger, you can also invite it to the marinate or simply substitute the garlic for the ginger. If you want to grill the chicken instead of baking it, you will eat even the bones. With coconut rice or cilantro cilantro rice pairs great, don't forget some veggies or salad and enjoy!
What you need:
- 4 chicken legs, clean and dry
- 1 large mango, ripe, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp. of sugar (I use cane or brown)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar of Modena (good quality even better)
- 1 fresh garlic clove or 1 tsps. of fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
What you need to do:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a blender or a small immersion blender (hand blender), mix the mango, the sugar, the vinegar, the garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cover the chicken with the marinade and reserve (covered) in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours. I always do it over night. Another option is to use a zip bag, close it and move the chicken around in the bag to coat with the marinade and lie the bag flat in the refrigerator, turning the bag every so often to redistribute the marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F, when ready add the chicken (on a baking dish) and cook it for 35-40 minutes. If you like, the last 2-3 minutes bake it or increase the temperature to get a nice brown color.
- Add some cilantro for garnish and ¡buen provecho!