15-20 minutes, 2-4 servings
By Doreen Colondres
The simplest things in life are, are the ones that steal our stomach… I mean our heart. If your are trying to add some new ideas, more texture and flavor to your white rice, you have to try this recipe. It can be served with any grilled or sauteé protein with a side of vegetables or salad.
What you need:
- 3 cups long white rice or jasmine rice
- 3 cups water
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 16 oz. chickpeas, cooked
- 5 fresh and large garlic cloves, sliced or diced
- Fresh cilantro or parsley for garnish, optional
What you need to do:
- In a large pot at medium high temperature, add the olive oil and sauteé the garlic for 3–4 minutes without burning it, just light brown.
- Add the chickpeas and let sauteé for 3 more minutes.
- Add the rice and sauteé one more minute.
- Finally, add the water and wait until it boils and evaporates. Stir it and lower the temperature, cover and cooked for about 12 –15 minutes, stirring once to keep it’s consistency. Garnish with cilantro or parsley if you want.