15-20 minutes, 4-5 people
By Doreen Colondres
This recipe will make you look like the king of the kitchen; easy, delicious, different and just a few ingredients are needed. The avocado sauce can go very well with fish, shrimp and even with pita chips can be addictive. It has stood the test up to the small members of my family.
What you need:
- 2 lbs. fresh salmon, preferably “wild” with its skin on one side
- 3 avocados (peeled & chopped)
- ½ cup fresh or frozen corn
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tsp. grated or minst fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds.
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, or more to taste.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
What you need to do::
- Using a paper towel, remove the excess of humidity from the salmon and season it with salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan with olive oil at medium high temperature add the salmon fillets, leaving enough space between them. Cook skin side first for 4 – 5 minutes and using a spatula, press down the salmon avoiding the skin to inflate so it becomes golden and crispy. Lower the temperature and cook the other side for 2-3 more minutes. Turn it just once.
- While the salmon cooks, mix all of the ingredients for the guacamole, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Serve the salmon with the guacamole on top and if you like watercress or arugula, you can add that as well for a super fresh experience.