The French term “mis n’ place”, which means “everything in place”, is the greatest thing invented! It means having everything you need, organized before you start cooking, including ingredients, plates, utensils and even a bowl or can for the trash.
It’ll help you a LOT and you will save time.
- Put a damp towel under the cutting board before chopping, to avoid the moving of the board as well as accidents with the knife.
- Put a Little bit of butter into olive oil when rendering something in it. In that way the oil won’t burn.
- When peeling potatoes, put them in water to keep them fresh and avoid oxidation (getting black).
- You can make your own "homemade croutons" with any rustic bread you have. Just peel off the edges of the bread and break it in pieces with your hands, drizzle them with a little olive oil and bake them in the oven until golden and crispy.
- When using avocados in any recipe, drizzle them with some drops of lime juice. This will help to keep them fresh, bright green and avoid the oxidation.
- When making a dressing to keep in the fridge, combine the olive oil with Canola oil so it won’t emulsify or get stiffed with coldness.