Something that was once so normal for our grandparents, to eat in every season what the earth gave them, is something that has apparently been lost with the wide variety of products that is now
found in supermarkets all year. We have to remember that a year has four seasons and each one of them Mother Nature gives us her best fruits, vegetables and herbs has many benefits. Foods that are “in season” are more abundant, have better prices and will always be more flavorful.
Now, that said, autumn also brings with it many ingredients that you should invite into your kitchen. That way you step out of the routine and enjoy all these products in their best moment.
The star of the autumn season is without a doubt the pumpkin, which during this season is also used to decorate your house and garden. But Fall is also apple, avocado, banana, tangerines, blood orange, clementine’s, blueberries, lemon, fennel, date, figs, grapefruit, grapes, raisins, kiwis, kumquats, watermelon, pears, pineapple, plums, papaya, quince, radish, pomegranate, raspberry, borlotti beans (cranberry beans or pochas), beet, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, red cabbage, carrots, celery roots, cauliflower, leek, kale, onion and chives, peas, palm heart, spinach, watercress, cabbage, endive, chile, artichoke, red peppers, mushrooms, white truffles, nuts, chirimoya, guava, tuna from cactus, zapote, butter lettuce, sweet pumpkin, sweet potato, jícama, tamarind, tomatoes and even the turkey fit in the list.
Here are some recipes so you can enjoy the best of the season:
• Step out of the routine with this Panca Pork Chop with Butternut squash sofrito.
• You can use pumpkin to make delicious desserts like Butternut squash Panna Cotta with Orange liquor. You can also make drinks such as Pumpkin and aged rum punch Ponche.
• Using the sweet potatoes you can make this Tuna Cebiche with Sweet Potatoes.
• You'll love the avocado in this Tuna Tartare, Avocado and Yellow Aji Arepas or in this avocado salad recipe.
• Feel the warmth of the season with this light Carrot and Coriander Soup or this tasty Fall Bean Stew.
• Use all the citrus fruits in this delicious Pork loin marinated in coriander, orange and agave with Spinach with Strawberry Vinaigrette.
• Experiment with fresh figs in this Pork, Fig and Goat Cheese Pita Pizza.
• Surprise your guests with this fresh Pineapple Mojito or this Kiwi Rum-Rum.
• Take advantage of the Turkey to the max!
Enjoy the taste of Autumn in your plates. The Kitchen doesn’t bite!
View the embedded image gallery online at: